OMG! What a discovery! This vegan Ice Tea Cake is insanely delicious! Who would have thought that you can use Ice Tea for a Cake? Well you definitively can.
Inspired by the traditional lemon cakes
Do you know these lemon cake recipes where you just bake a lemony cake and then use the juice of 3-4 lemons mixed with a little bit of sweetener and then drizzle this over the cake so it get’s really moist, juicy and yummy? I thought I could do the same but instead of just lemon juice I will use Ice Tea.
I use the Instant-Ice Tea Pouches
I know this might not be the healthiest option, but hey, we’re talking about cake here and we all deserve that piece of indulging cake from time to time with a good cup of coffee, or maybe iced coffee in this case? This is a perfect recipe for summer. I used lemon ice tea for this recipe, but I know there are also other flavours on the market like for example mango or peach. Feel free to use whatever you’re fancy.
Only 10 ingredients
This cake is really easy to do, once you have found the instant ice tea pouches from the supermarket or healthstore. Just take a big bowl, prepare the flax egg, mix all the other ingredients together and that’s it. Bake it, use the remaining instant ice tea and pour it over the cake and let it cool down. If you like, you can top this cake with some lemony icing. Just take some powdered sugar and mix it with just enough lemon juice to get a glaze like consistency. Top the cake with the icing and let it cool down.
Surprise your guests this summer
I guarantee happy faces when you make this cake for your next summer party dessert buffet. Or also for an afternoon tea party, as this cake goes very well with a cup of coffee or tea. You will be surprised.
Fancy some more vegan cake recipes?
Check out my other vegan cakes:
- Jam Cake with Toasted Hazelnuts
- Juicy Plum Cake with Cinnamon
- Berry Muffins with Cashew-Date-Caramel Centre
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||60 minutes|
cake loaf, ca. 30 cm
- 300 ml water boiling
- 280 gr instant ice tea I used lemon flavour
- 200 gr corn semolina
- 100 gr vegan butter
- 50 gr brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tbsp crushed flaxseeds
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 300 gr flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC
- Prepare the ice tea concentrate by mixing the hot water with the instant ice tea powder.
- Set aside 250ml of the ice tea concentrate for later. Mix the corn semola with the remaining 50ml of the concentrate and set aside.
- Prepare the "flax egg": Mix the flaxseeds with 12 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Take a big mixing bowl and stir the vegan butter until soft.
- Add salt, brown sugar, "flax egg", coconut cream and the 50ml ice tea concentrate with the corn semolina. Mix everything well.
- Finally mix the flour with the baking powder and add to the bowl. Mix everything well.
- Transfer to a cake loaf tin and bake at 180ºC during 60 minutes aprox. Make the needle test: Stick a needle in the cake, if it comes out clean, then the cake is ready to take out of the oven.
- Finally, while the cake is still hot (and in the baking thin) take a wooden skewer (or anything similar) and stick it a few times in the cake in order to make some holes. Then pour the 250ml of the ice tea concentrate over the cake.
- Let it cool down a bit and take it out of the tin only once the ice tea concentrate has been absorbed completely.
You can decorate this cake with a lemon juice glazing or, like I did, just drizzle some nut butter (I used cashew butter) on top of it and some coconut chips. D.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s.!!!
Did you like this recipe? Feel free to share with your friends and family.
Shop this recipe
Click on the links below in order to shop the ingredients or equipment used in this recipe.