Cinnamon & plumCinnamon and plum is such a perfect combination. And the plum juice I used is actually the water from the defrosted plums. But in case you use fresh fruit you can also buy the juice (or make yourself). The plums, juice and the coconut milk make this plum cake really moist and juicy. It is sooo yumm! It didn’t last long in our house. I also made a muffin version out of it. With the same dough, but instead of a loaf I used a muffin baking tray and made 12 muffins out of it. The baking time is just 20 minutes in this case, and the muffins are really delicious and I kids will love them.
Cake for breakfast?I would say this cake could even be eaten for breakfast. With a big dollop of coconut or almond yoghurt. Almond or hazelnut butter would also be nice toppings. This juicy plum cake can be kept in the fridge for at least 1 week. If you want to keep it longer I recommend to freeze it. Are you more of a chocolate-cake lover? Then try my speedy almond-butter-chocolate mugcake or this chocolate-coconut marble cake, both soo good and perfect for a chocaholic (like I am 🙂 )
|Prep Time||35 minutes|
|Cook Time||50 minutes|
- 1.5 cups flour your choice
- 3/4 cups dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp chiaseeds
- 1 tbsp crushed flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 banana use a large banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup plums plus 2-3 plums more for decoration on top
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC.
- Mix chiaseeds and flaxseeds with 6 tbsp of water and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients except baking soda & powder in a big bowl.
- Cut the plums into small pieces.
- Add all of the wet ingredients (except apple cider vinegar), the flax/chiaseeds jelly and also the plums to the bowl and mix.
- Add baking soda and baking powder & drop the apple cider vinegar on top so it bubbles.
- Then mix carefully just enough that everything is well mixed. Don't mix too much, otherwise the cake won't raise.
- Transfer the dough into a cake/loaf baking tin.
- Place a few plum halves on top of the cake and bake during 50-60 minutes, depending on your oven.
You can perfectly freeze this cake. I usually cut the cake into portions and then freeze them.
Shop this recipe
Click on the links below in order to shop the ingredients or equipment used in this recipe.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR