Do you know how to stir-fry some veggies in a wok? Yes? Well, then you’re all set to go ahead and try this super tasty vegan and glutenfree veggie wok. I really like this garlic-tamari marinade with the sesame oil, such a yummy combo. I found a smokey tofu with almonds and sesame in the health store, so this went perfectly with all the rest of the ingredients. But of course you can also just make it with a regular smokey tofu, or even normal, non-smoked tofu. If you don’t like soy or tofu, then swap this with any other plantbased protein, for example seitan or even tempeh.
Adjust it with whatever you have available
You can swap any veggies in this dish with the ones you have available and are in season wherever you are.This recipe is totally adjustable. The protein, as well as the veggies can be adapted to what’s currently in your fridge. I use to make this whenever I have a lot of people invited, it is so easy to make and to prepare. Just stir-fry the veggies and cook the rice noodles and then mix everything together in the wok and add the sauce and sesame seeds.
Before serving add a bit of sesame oil and some more toasted sesame seeds and you’re guests will lick their fingers, it’s so tasty.
So get your chop sticks ready and go!
If you’re more into curries and stews instead of noodles, check out my other recipe for a coconut curry with chickpeas.
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
- 400 gr Smoked Tofu cut in cubes
- 250 gr rice noodles prepare as per instructions on the packing
- 3-4 cups veggie stock
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 10 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium eggplant sliced
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 medium broccoli cut in florets
- 15 button mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 handful spinach optional
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 tbsp soy sauce for glutenfree version check for tamari glutenfree soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2-3/4 tsp chili flakes and some more for decoration
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds and some more for decoration
Veggie Group 1
Veggie Group 2
- If you use regular tofu (not smoked), mix in a bowl some tamari, sesame oil and 1 crushed garlic clove and let it marinate during the preparation time. That way it will add more flavour to the dish.
- Heat a wok on high heat and stir-fry this first veggie group in the wok with 1/2 tsp salt, 1 cup of veggie stock and 1 tbsp of olive oil during 5-8 min. approx. Add veggie stock if needed. When done, take out of the wok and set aside.
- Put the wok back on heat and stir-fry the second veggie group in the wok with 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/4 cup of veggie stock and 2 tbsp of olive oil during 8 min. approx. Add veggie stock if needed.
- After 8-10 minutes add the peas and all the other veggies and all the seasoning ingredients to the wok. Cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Now you can also add the marinated tofu and the rice noodles, and - if you want - the spinach leaves.
- Stir everything well together, maybe add a little more soy sauce and sesame oil if necessary.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds and chili flakes on top.
You can swap the veggies with anything you have available.
Do you like this recipe? Feel free to share with your friends & family!
Don’t forget to tag me with #fabsgoodfood and @fabs_good_food so I can see your versions and share it on my IG channel.