A “complete” proteinTofu is the perfect plantbased protein with all the amino acids we need, aka a “complete” protein. In case you’re used to having eggs in the morning, give this a try and swap the animal product for this tofu scramble and I guarantee you won’t regret it.
Very easy to makeThis tofu scramble is really easy to make. You literally just have to chop some veggies, make soy sauce, spices and plantbased milk ready and then just put everything together in one wok and that’s it. Meanwhile it’s cooking you have time to clean up and once it’s ready and it’s served on the plates, you can wash the wok in a second and just like that, there won’t be anything to clean up after your meal. Just place your plates in the dishwasher and you can already jump back on the sofa for your favourite movie (in case it’s your dinner 🙂 )
Perfect for food prepI like to make this tofu scramble on Sundays for food prep, so I’ll have some ready during the week whenever I feel hungry or just to prepare a speedy lunch with a slice of bread or dinner with some baked potatoes. I can highly recommend my spicy baked potato wedges with this scramble, or in case you prefer bread, also my traditional Swiss Zopf bread goes so perfectly along with this. The nutritional yeast & plantbased milk make this tofu scramble so creamy and smooth, it’s a real winner. Of course you can swap the veggies for whatever you like or have available. Enjoy!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 onions
- 10 garlic cloves equals more or less one entire garlic
- 1 red bell pepper I used one big one
- 20 button mushrooms
- 5 artichokes
- 1 cup peas
- 3 handful spinach
- 2 cups veggie stock
- 750 gr tofu use firm tofu
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3.5 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 10 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups plantbased milk I usually use soy milk
- Wash and prepare all the veggies. Chop onions, garlic + red bell pepper.
- Slice the mushrooms and artichokes. Leave the artichokes in a bowl with water and a splash of lemon juice, so they don't get brown in the meantime.
- Put a large skillet or wok on high heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and stir-fry the onion and garlic until transparent.
- Add mushrooms and red bell pepper. Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes more.
- Add artichokes & peas and let everything cook until tender. In case the veggies start to stick to the pan, use the veggie stock little by little in order to avoid sticking.
- Once the veggies are cooked, turn the heat off and crumble the tofu with your hands on top of the veggies.
- Add the spices and turn the heat back on.
- Add soy sauce, nutritional yeast, plantbased milk and maple syrup as well as the spinach leaves and keep stirring until you get the desired "scrambled eggs" consistency.
- Serve with baked potatoes or bread.
I usually make loads of this scrambled tofu. It is perfect for keeping in the fridge during the week for a speedy lunch or a healthy snack whenever you feel hungry.
Shop this recipe
Click on the links below in order to shop the ingredients or equipment used in this recipe.
I love tofu scramble soooo much. The way I do it is to use cumin and tumeric and then I add bell peppers bits to it. When done stir frying, I add ketchup to it. Sometimes I use chilli pepper as well and of course salt to taste 😀
Hii! Oh that sounds amazing! Ketchup for a quick fix is always a good idea 🙂 Have a great day!